5 Key Themes For Innovation Conference
Among technological change, diversity and inclusion, and social responsibility, talent is consistently the benchmark of successful business practices, and has become the foundation of innovation. In fact, it has been argued that talent is the core motivator behind competitive advantage as well as the fuel of the innovation engine. By convening experts from an array of industries within the BAB membership, I sincerely hope that our discussions, ranging from the perfect candidate to ROI, will enlighten you, and aid in providing a modern context for the current trends and difficulties facing businesses, today and in the near future.
I am proud that BritishAmerican Business is at the forefront of one of the biggest challenges facing organizations, alongside our sponsors, Witt/Kieffer, Angela Mortimer and Willis Towers Watson, and I am thrilled to have you join us:
- How to Build A Diverse, Innovative Team
- Senior Partner at title sponsor, Witt/Kieffer, Lucy Leske will moderate discussion between Steve Candland, Partner & Head of US, Angela Mortimer, Stacey M. Hadash, Managing Director and Chief Operations Officer, Bank of American Merrill Lynch, and Suzanne McAndrew, Managing Director for Talent & Rewards Integrated Solutions, Willis Towers. The session will address how one good hire can make all the difference, and as business leaders, we look for the complete package when hiring: well-rounded individuals who combine a skillset, mindset, and personality… and fit with the company culture.
- How to Measure and Grow Innovative Leaders
- In order to demonstrate progress, the role of the leader should focus on the ability to foster the strokes of creativity within his/her team that ultimately lead to innovation. More to the point, the leader who approves risk above personal opinions is the core driver of innovation among their team. Joining moderator, Richard Metheny of Witt/Kieffer for this conversation will be Erika Irish Brown, Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Bloomberg, Heather Coleman, Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell, and Toni Harris Quinerly, Senior Consultant, YSC.
- Why it is imperative that businesses adapt to Demographic and Generational shifts
- Exploring the need to change with consumer trends, this panel will explore how businesses can leverage talent to meet the demands of their target markets, featuring an in-depth discussion from Celia Berk, Chief Employee Experience Officer, J. Walter Thompson, Thea Watkins, Senior Vice President, Lloyds Banking Group, and Todd Founder & Principal, Out Leadership moderated by Vernon Church, Founder and COO, TruthCo.
- What it means to redefine organizational culture
- Innovation is achievable when the perfect corporate structure is instituted. Joining Nic Pearce, Managing Partner, Instinctif Partners in a fireside chat will be Elmar Mock, Co-Inventor of the original Swatch watch.
- Is Innovation confined to age?
- Or, is it just a state of mind? Closing the day, in an Oxford-Style Debate, will be Graham Hogg, Principal Consultant, McKinney Rogers, Julia O’Brien, Assistant Vice President Communications, Lloyds Banking Group, Ashley Lukas, Northern Star and Venture Capitalist, Patrick McGinnis, all prompted by The Guardian’s, Amber Jamieson.
For more information, I urge you to visit the Innovation Conference website at babtalent2016.com