BritishAmerican Business is the leading transatlantic business organization, dedicated to helping its members build their international business. BritishAmerican Business stands at the heart of the business relationship between the US and the UK and Continental Europe, with a membership of more than 500 companies and 5,000 executives in New York and London, and business networks covering 60 other European and American cities.
The Manager is responsible for New York office marketing & communications functions with the oversight of senior management. This position supports the development and implementation of BritishAmerican Business’s (BAB) strategic initiatives designed to enhance member relations, increase and retain membership, and market BAB’s offerings. This position represents BAB in its relationships with numerous external constituencies. Will also be responsible to CEO for certain corporate marketing functions across UK and US offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements and maintains quality control to ensure accurate branding of BAB’s promotional collateral and mass communication pieces, including event invitations, annual report, website and social media, and ecomms.
- Manages the ecomms schedule to ensure strategic and timely delivery of invitations and publications to our members.
- Responsible for website updates (New York) using WordPress. Performs and publishes website analytics for senior staff.
- Supports and advises on social media strategy and presence.
- Manages Magazine, NETWORK, with responsibility for publication timeline and content.
- Drafts sponsorship agreements and assists in securing sponsorship of communication and marketing pieces.
- Manages strategic partnerships with outside organizations to ensure delivery of benefits on both sides.
- Draft and facilitate distribution of press releases.
- Attends and networks with executives at 80+ BAB forums, breakfast meetings, evening events, and similar external functions or events for prospecting purposes.
- Administers Member Perks program.
- Works with the membership team to implement strategies to meet membership goals and creates and implements marketing plans that target specific market segments or industry sectors, as assigned.
- Explores new ways of tracking/monetizing organizational business development activities.
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to work efficiently as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, interact professionally with members and colleagues, and demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service. To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills – the individual must have excellent verbal and listening skills to work with colleagues, keep the Director informed and maintain existing relationships.
- Writing Skills – the individual must possess excellent writing and editing abilities under pressure, ensuring a high degree of quality at all times.
- Time Management – the individual must be able to handle multiple tasks and follow through on all.
- Detail Oriented – the individual must demonstrate a high attention to detail, with an eye for editing and creative content.
- Organizational skills – individual must exhibit excellent planning skills necessary to achieve business goals and manage communications and enhance office efficiency.
- Understanding of the UK/US business culture and New York business environment, with an ability to comfortably interact with C-suite and other senior executives.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and prior experience with client database systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and professional experience with, social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) and website management (WordPress preferred).
- Flexibility – individual should be available to provide support for all events where necessary
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years experience required in membership/client relations, business development, marketing and/or sales in a professional, customer facing role
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Communications, Marketing, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of digital media and marketing experience on common digital media platforms including web, Twitter, and Instagram
- 3+ years of email marketing experience. Knowledge of Constant Contact platform a big plus. Experience managing CRM campaigns is essential.
- Knowledge of WordPress.
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) for digital promotions and content.
Please email all Covering Letter & CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee and are subject to the revision and amendments of the business needs and at the discretion of BritishAmerican Business. BritishAmerican Business is an equal opportunity employer.