This is the Assistant Secretary’s only non-governmental engagement on her trip to the UK, and she is keen to hear from BAB members on a number of areas relating to the transatlantic trade and investment environment.
- Brexit Impact on UK-US Trade and Investment Environment
- How/If Brexit has impacted the UK as an investment destination for US firms in the UK or UK firms in the US
- Certainty given by 31 January exit date – updates from business on outstanding issues to be resolved/current level of concern about stability of UK as an investment environment
- What the US Government needs to be aware of
- Current issues in UK-US Trade and Investment Environment beyond Brexit
- Impact of US-EU Tariffs, if relevant
- Implementation of Digital Service Taxes, if relevant
- Future UK-US Trade Agreement negotiation
- Update from USG if possible
- Input from attendees on areas they would like to see be part of the negotiation discussions
- Feedback from attendees on what could be achieved within/outside of a trade agreement
This is a valuable opportunity for BAB members to brief a senior member of the US Government on the reality on the ground for your firm.