Job Title: Membership Manager
Client: BritishAmerican Business
Hours: 35 (excluding breaks)
Location: Kensington (W8), London
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
We are an exclusive corporate network and the voice of transatlantic business. With offices in London and New York, we exist to serve two purposes; firstly as a membership organisation, we create events and programming that enable our members to meet each other, as well as other interesting and influential people from government and other agencies, which many find helpful in building future business partnerships. Secondly, we have a mission to protect and enhance the environment for trade, investment and business between the US and UK through our policy and advocacy work.
BAB is searching for an enthusiastic Membership Manager to join their niche team and to continue the development of a bespoke approach to account management.
As Membership Manager, your focus will be on effectively building and managing a portfolio of members, as well as playing a role in new member recruitment.
You will be the key point of contact for members, and your internal stakeholders will be the Events, Policy, and Communications functions in both offices. A collaborative approach to your role is essential in ensuring the highest level of service delivery for members, and ultimately impacts member retention.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining key relationships within each existing and prospective member accounts
- Promoting and selling existing membership services and sponsorship opportunities (fee and no fee).
- Researching prospects and current members and assembling preparation materials for own and other management staff meetings.
- Scheduling, attending, and following up on member and prospective member meetings
- Identifying and sharing potential leads
- Recording all member communication in the CRM system
- Proactively identify and secure new members annually
- Attending BAB events
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience as a Membership Manager / Account Manager in a B2B sales role or within a membership organisation
- Previous experience of identifying commercial opportunities and developing strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written) when interacting with C-suite level individuals
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills
- Confident presentation skills
- Educated to a degree (or equivalent) level with a demonstrable interest in transatlantic business
In return, BAB offers a competitive salary, a flexible working environment within a close-knit team and the opportunity for professional development.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Jon Kudlick, Director of Membership and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 30th March, 2018.