Cleveland Clinic Opens State-of-the-Art London Hospital
Share this page
On 29 March, Cleveland Clinic opened the Cleveland Clinic London Hospital at 33 Grosvenor Place. This is an exciting moment for Cleveland Clinic as the organization expands its global footprint to provide patients with a doctor-led model of care that is innovative, empathetic and based on research and education.
Remarking on the milestone, Cleveland Clinic CEO and President, Tom Mihaljevic, M.D., said, “For more than 100 years, Cleveland Clinic has been at the forefront of medical innovation and specialized health care. We believe that touching more lives is our ethical imperative. With the opening of Cleveland Clinic London, we are extending our unique model of care to more patients than ever.”
Brian Donley, M.D., CEO of Cleveland Clinic London, added, “This is an eventful moment for the entire Cleveland Clinic family. We are excited to be bringing our unique model of care to the UK, combining London’s world-renowned physicians and research with Cleveland Clinic’s 100-year history of technological advances and clinical expertise. We will provide patients with an unparalleled experience and the highest quality care.”
The state-of-the-art hospital is equipped with the latest technologies and services. It is one of the first private hospitals in the UK to offer intraoperative imaging for brain and spinal cord disorders, a leading tool in preventing reoperations. The facility is also the first UK hospital with a robot-powered pharmacy, where drugs are packaged, barcoded, and tracked to the patient’s bedside. Tools such as these – combined with care from a multidisciplinary team of specialists – help enhance the quality, safety and outcome of the patient experience.
The Cleveland Clinic London Hospital team is committed to providing the highest quality treatment to all patients, while also promoting safety and transparency throughout the care lifecycle. To help achieve this, the team will publish detailed information on treatment outcomes with the goal of helping existing and future patients make informed decisions about their care options.
As the hospital opens, here are some additional facts to know:
- Cleveland Clinic London Hospital offers a comprehensive portfolio of medical and surgical services, with a focus on heart & vascular, digestive disease, neurosciences and orthopedics. A full range of medical sub-specialties and comprehensive services is also offered.
- The facility is equipped with 184 inpatient beds, including 29 ICU beds, eight operating theatres and a 41-bed neurological rehabilitation ward.
- As part of its approximately 1,150 caregiver team, the hospital employs 24/7 in-house intensive care specialists, a staffing model that enhances its ability to provide high acuity care throughout the entire treatment lifecycle.
- Bookings are welcome from eligible members covered through all major domestic and international insurers, self-pay and embassy-sponsored patients. Outpatient services will continue to be offered at the Portland Place Outpatient Centre.
- To book an appointment, patients can fill out the Request an Appointment form online or contact the Call Centre at +44 (0)20 3423 7500. Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. BST and Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. BST. Patients located outside of the U.K. call +44 (0)20 3423 8000.