Job Opportunity (London) – Communications Associate
For a PDF copy of this job description, please click here
Salary Range: £20,000 – £24,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, with extended/ flexible hours at times to accommodate the time difference to the U.S. and early morning/late evening events/meetings
Working Structure: Hybrid office/home working
Submit CV, Cover Letter and Writing Sample to: Ellie Morrison at email@example.com
Submission Deadline: 2 July 2021
What you can expect:
BritishAmerican Business is the leading transatlantic trade association incorporating the British-American Chamber of Commerce in the US and the American Chamber of Commerce in the UK. We do three things: First, we are a policy organisation and help to strengthen the economic corridor between the U.S. and the UK by supporting policies and action that protect and enhance the environment for transatlantic trade and investment. Second, we actively promote trade and investment and support those who make the transatlantic corridor part of their business growth ambition. Third, we build platforms to convene our growing network of companies and business leaders.
In this exciting entry level role of Communications Associate you will be a key part of the most prominent transatlantic trade organisation and a tight-knit team who are committed to BAB’s mission, our work and fellow colleagues. Your primary role is to support our Communications & Media Manager in the preparation and execution of the wider communications, PR and media portfolio for our colleagues based in the UK and the U.S.
You will be responsible for:
- the preparation of internal and external media and comms briefs such as press releases and statements
- the research of key media outlets and journalists, including outreach and pitching stories
- the creation and management of mailing lists
- updating the BAB website, promotion of BAB’s events and news on our social media accounts
- tracking and promoting external engagements by BAB staff
- supporting the design and formatting of BAB publications, as well as supporting the UK/U.S. marketing teams on their products
- specific support for ad hoc tasks coming from both teams
This is an entry level position within the company and will provide the successful candidate with great opportunities to grow their skills in all areas mentioned above.
You should have a keen interest in the world we operate in, but more importantly, in modern communications, media and PR, and be curious and proactive in helping us to make BAB an even more visible and consequential organisation.
To be successful in the role you should:
- Be comfortable with the use of online marketing platforms and tools
- Be familiar with the effective use of social media
- Know about various design applications, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign
- Feel confident with the production, copywriting and proofreading of texts
- Whilst not essential, experience with video editing and production (including for social media purposes) and basic website editing (wordpress) would be a bonus
Apply with your CV and cover letter to Ellie Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage you to attach a sample of written or multimedia work e.g. an article you have written, a sample press release, social media work, or video/design work.