Job Opportunity (London) – Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships and Engagement
For a PDF copy of this job description, please click here
Salary Range: £50,000 – £59,000 per annum
Working Structure: Hybrid office/home working
To Apply: Submit your resume/CV & a cover letter to: email@example.com
Submission Deadline: 4 March 2022
To Note: Interview timeslots will be scheduled on a rolling basis
About BritishAmerican Business
BritishAmerican Business is the leading transatlantic trade association incorporating the British-American Chamber of Commerce in the US and the American Chamber of Commerce in the UK. We are committed to strengthening the economic corridor between the United States and the United Kingdom by supporting policies and actions that protect and enhance the environment for transatlantic trade and investment on behalf of our members. We convene and serve a growing network of companies and business leaders through networking opportunities, bespoke programming and marketing platforms. We actively promote trade and investment and support those who make the transatlantic corridor part of their business growth ambition.
Based in London UK, the Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships and Engagement is the second most senior employee in the London team. This role includes responsibility for the member relations and engagement team, membership recruitment, engagement and retention efforts for a portfolio of companies both large and small across various industries. The Associate Director has a specific focus on managing the membership budget, onboarding processes, data and monitors all levels of the membership. This role is very active in the BAB network, with oversight over all member accounts and liaising across three teams: Events, Policy and Trade; and working closely with New York counterparts. The Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships and Engagement works closely with BAB leadership including the Executive Director London, Executive Director and Chief Policy and Trade Officer, and the Managing Director New York and London, along with other members of the New York and London teams with the overall ambition and task to strengthen and grow the membership further and attract new member companies. Member Relations and Engagement is at the heart of our work and our reputation depends on convening, advocating for pro-business policies and trade, and being visible and relevant to UK and USA businesses and governments.
The role represents BAB in its relationships with external stakeholders and supports key fundraising functions of the organisation. It includes a variety of responsibilities, ranging from retaining and growing membership accounts, data management and analytics to drive strategic growth, budget management and financial oversight for membership revenue, and creating a client focused approach and strategic communication for regular and relevant membership engagement.
Retention and Growth of Member Accounts
- Oversee the execution and administrative processes relating to BAB’s membership in London and joint NYLON memberships.
- Provide support to all account managers and provide secondary account management across all accounts.
- Work closely with Executive Director, London to set out account management responsibilities across the team.
- Set up account management processes to assist all account managers.
- Identify prospect member companies and create outreach communication plans.
- Draft member meeting notes for Senior Leadership when holding meetings in London.
- Prepare and set up major member and prospect meetings with Leadership, focus on 100+ and One Billion USD Revenue size companies.
- Provide counsel and support to all account members on engagement issues.
- Manage and establish a smart division of engagement work to the account managers and other colleagues.
Engagement and Content
- Manage CRM system for London and supervise regular data entry for member engagement for London activity working closely with Senior Executive Assistant to CEO.
- Create and manage membership retention lists including sharepoint folders and documents (NYLON Member & Prospect Marketing, UK Monthly Membership Tracking Documents, Renewal & Invoice Tracking etc.).
- Create processes and templates for timely renewals, membership proposals, and engagement plans.
- Create and improve new member onboarding processes including online forms, invoice generation, welcome letters and regular engagement meetings.
- Monitor closely the ‘health’ of accounts, and give timely attention to vulnerable members considered at-risk of cancelling membership.
- Enforcing Terms and Conditions for resigning members.
- Processing all renewal data and preparing analytics for Leadership, Annual Report and use in Board presentations.
Data Management and Analytics
- Maintain up-to-date information on the status of current and potential members.
- Responsible for data entry for member engagement and London activity in CRM system.
- Adhere to account management and onboarding processes set by Associate Director London and Managing Director including: updates on membership retention lists, trackers and sharepoint files.
- Work closely with Associate Director and New York colleagues on sending new or renewal invoices.
- Create and manage partnership and sponsorship engagement plans from within member portfolio.
Budget, Financial Oversight for Membership Revenue
- Setting membership revenue budget and monitoring closely throughout the year.
- Oversee creation of new and renewal invoices with Office Accountant.
- Manage the data of monthly renewals and debtors and work closely with NY team on joint/dual memberships.
- Manage the pro-forma invoice and invoice process.
- Timely Preparation of renewal invoices 45 days before renewal date in close collaboration with Office Accountant.
Communication and Membership Engagement
- Lead on administrative support for BAB’s Membership Committee with guidance from Managing Director of New York and London.
- Manage the communication and transition of London accounts to new membership levels and membership fee increases.
- Oversee the account management and hold regular meetings to ensure member companies are well understood and encourage team to report out on member company objectives and how they can be serviced through BAB engagement (including convening, invitations to events, policy group, trade promotion, visibility in our communications products).
- Identify key accounts and work with the team to build comprehensive engagement plans, including sponsorship opportunities for events, programmes, policy and trade publications and other initiatives.
- Oversight and lead on membership marketing materials and work closely with Communication team and Events team on content or design of new materials and updates.
- Draft renewal emails for account managers outlining recent engagement and activity and indicating future areas for engagement.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our membership and integrate member objectives into our 3 core services: convening, policy and trade promotion.
- Identify thought leadership and potential event topics for consideration in the event programme or communications platforms.
- Represent BAB at external events to build visibility for BAB, network and meet prospective members.
Line Management (tbc appointment of Manager Member Relations & Engagement)
- Manage and train Manager of Member Relations & Engagement.
- Occasional oversight and guidance expected on trade related member accounts.
- Create a collaborative, inclusive culture and environment for professional development and success with junior colleagues continuing their career in policy and trade.
- Encourage proactive research, ideas and contribution to the policy content.
- Oversee timely delivery of work being set by Executive Director and Managing Director.
- Monitor performance, annual leave, mid-year and annual reviews with guidance and input from the Executive Director, for the Manager Member Relations & Engagement.
- Delegate work appropriately.
- Recruitment as needed.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
|Internal||Daily||Executive Director, London
Policy and Trade Team
|As needed||New York Member Relations and Engagement Team
Accountant / Office Manager
Executive Assistant(s) to the CEO
|External||Daily||Member companies & potential member companies|
|As needed||Prospective BritishAmerican Business Members
|Skills and Experience||A university degree or equivalent experience||X|
|An advanced degree in a relevant field||X|
|Stellar verbal and written communication skills (in business English)||X|
|Excellent analytical skills, combined with critical and creative thinking||X|
|Commercial Awareness and ability to articulate persuasively the benefits of membership and engagement with BAB activities||X|
|Proven ability to read, understand, and most importantly, to write detailed policy submissions on various topic, including unfamiliar issues.||X|
|Proven track record of working in a membership association or corporate relations role with a company or organisation||X|
|Ideally, an existing network of key stakeholders in UK/US governments, businesses and/or academia||X|
|Ability to speak and engage with senior representatives in business and UK and US Governments||X|
|Ability to quickly understand the mission, business model, and way of communication in the organisation||X|
|Comfortable with speaking publicly and able to talk with confidence backed by substance||X|
|Personal Attributes||Dynamic and enthusiastic||X|
|A personal drive for growth||X|
|Passion for change and improvement||X|
|A team player who values collaboration and team spirit||X|
|Positive, proactive and solution-oriented||X|
|Low ego, with emotional maturity and patience||X|
|Drive to set and be an example for others||X|
|Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines||X|
|Openness to be active and visible on social media||X|
|Openness to engage in fundraising and business development||X|
As an equal opportunities employer, BAB is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join BAB.
Applicants will be asked to provide evidence of their right to work in the U.K. at interview stage.