Job Opportunity (London)
Closing Date: 21 January 2023
Events and Membership Coordinator
Share this page
For a longer version of this job description, please click here.
Salary Range: £20,000 – £25,000 per annum (with 25 days holiday, Bupa health insurance, Employee Assistance Programme and Cycle to Work benefits)
Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday – Friday, with extended/ flexible hours at times to accommodate U.S. time and early morning/late evening events/meetings
Location: London, UK
Working Structure: Hybrid office/home working
Contract: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 21st January 2023
Interviews: Week commencing 30th January 2023
Work Authorization Details: As an equal opportunities employer, BAB is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join BAB.
Applicants will be asked to provide evidence of their right to work in the U.K. at interview stage.
What You Can Expect
In this administrative role of Events and Membership Coordinator you will be a key part of the most prominent transatlantic trade membership organisation and a tight-knit team who are committed to BritishAmerican Business’s (BAB) mission, our work and colleagues. Your role is to support our Senior Events and Marketing Manager, and our Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships and Engagement. You will also work alongside our New York events team on the execution of the virtual events portfolio. Convening and Membership Engagement is at the heart of our work and our reputation depends on managing knowledge and data to build our relationships with UK and USA businesses and governments. This means you will:
- Provide administration support including updating CRM with member communication and event attendances
- Assist with the preparation of annual engagement reports for members
- Track invoice status for member companies and flag overdue payments to Associate Director
- Prepare briefing notes for upcoming member engagements and / or prospective member meetings
Events & Marketing
- Create, manage and edit new content, images, written copy and for all London led events on BAB website and in BAB Email Marketing Software Constant Contact.
- Create event marketing materials including event briefs, joining instructions and detailed speaker briefs and event booklets.
- Create printed materials including event booklets, name badges, place and name settings.
- Input into event marketing documents including Calendar of Events.
- Input of event data into CRM (Membersuite) system.
- Administrative support on TAG outreach and collection of guest data (bios/photos/press releases).
- Attend events and support guest registration/welcome.
- Administrative support on RSVP processes, trackers (event espresso, zoom and other).
You will report into the two colleagues: Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships and Engagement and Senior Manager of Events and Marketing.
This role is ideally suited for a candidate who is highly organised, has an attention to detail and who can establish and repeat processes. The successful candidate will:
- Offer us an organised and detailed approach,
- Master event marketing software and webpage design tools,
- Be capable of multi-tasking between two line-managers,
- Have an aptitude for data management, appreciate the value of data, analysis and
- Have an interest in learning more skills in event coordination.
This role will provide a great opportunity to network in the UK and USA business community and offers the opportunity to engage with important business and government leaders. You will be able to extend your existing skillset in areas such as CRM data management, event marketing and event management support.