Job Opportunity (London)
Closing Date: 26 August 2022
Share this page
Salary Range: £25,000 – £29,000 per annum (with 25 days holiday, Bupa health insurance, Employee Assistance Programme and Cycle to Work benefits)
Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday – Friday, with extended/ flexible hours at times to accommodate US time and early morning/late evening events/meetings
Working Structure: Hybrid office/home working
Closing Date: 26th August 2022, applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
Interviews: With applications accepted on a rolling basis we will offer first round interview timeslots on a rolling basis as well.
Work Authorization Details: As an equal opportunities employer, BAB is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join BAB.
Applicants will be asked to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK at interview stage.
How to Apply
Apply with your resume, cover letter and a professional writing sample, such as policy paper/brief or statement brief on a policy-related project you managed to Dagny Ahrend at email@example.com.
In this exciting role, you will become part of a prominent transatlantic trade and business organisation whose mission is to strengthen the economic corridor between the U.S. and the UK.
Based in London, you will play a key role in supporting our Policy Manager, as well as the wider BAB Policy & Trade Team in building and expanding BAB’s policy advocacy activities, closely linked to strategy and implementation of BAB’s wider advocacy/trade promotion and membership growth portfolio. This role is an entry-level position and a great opportunity for someone wanting to start or continue to grow their career in a policy and business-facing role in an exciting and fast-paced work environment.
You will report to the Executive Director and the Chief Policy and Trade Officer.
BritishAmerican Business is the leading transatlantic trade association created as a result of the merger between the British-American Chamber of Commerce in the US and the American Chamber of Commerce in the UK. We are committed to strengthening the economic corridor between the United States and the United Kingdom by supporting policies and actions that protect and enhance the environment for transatlantic trade and investment on behalf of our members.
We convene and serve a growing network of companies and business leaders through networking opportunities, bespoke programming and marketing platforms.
We actively promote trade and investment and support those who make the transatlantic corridor part of their business growth ambition.
About Our Footprint
BAB has permanent offices in New York and London and a presence in Washington, D.C. We offer a collaborative, flexible, inclusive, and exciting place to work. BAB offers a hybrid working model offering employees a mixture of remote and in-office work.
- Development and management of relevant internal and external stakeholder lists.
- Attending and representing BAB at internal and external meetings and events.
- Management of meetings and travel schedule for Chief Policy & Trade Officer and other senior staff when visiting London, UK
- Coordination of delegation visits and local engagements for internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the policy team as well as the membership/business team on the account management of relevant and future member companies in the BAB Policy Group.
- Offering regular insight on and logging member activities and engagements in the company CRM system.
- Providing input and coordinating activities in relation to BAB’s (UK-based) sub-Committees, and related monthly content-production process.
Member Account Support
- Support membership accounts within the network to ensure high retention and engagement rate as well as incorporating member feedback through event activities/work.
- Identify future guest speakers/participants from member network and prospect member list.
- Collaborate closely with all colleagues to track and monitor event engagement for all members and provide event engagement data reports via monthly event registration trackers.
Content Production & Policy Development
- Lead in the preparation of monthly external newsletters and internal updates.
- Assisting in the preparation of briefs, talking points, background documents, written summaries, and the production of White papers and publications (as appropriate).
- Monitoring UK legislation, hearings, and other policy-related developments relevant to BAB’s work and portfolio.
Events & Briefings
- Preparing and leading the administrative support and implementation of BAB events in London, meetings/briefings and BAB participation in external forums.
This is an Associate-level position within the company, ideally suited for someone with exceptional research, analytical, communications, organizational and written skills who is keen to learn from and work with a team of experienced policy professionals. The role will provide the successful candidate with great opportunities to quickly grow their skills and responsibilities in the policy space, stakeholder management, project management, event management, external affairs, and business development.
Educational And Experience Requirements
- A keen interest in transatlantic business and policy issues
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. A MA degree is a plus.
- At least one year of previous professional experience in a related field such as Government, Trade/Business Association through paid employment or internships.
- We seek an individual who is curious, motivated, proactive self-starter, and able to handle multiple tasks in super-fast paced environment.
- We look for an individual who always looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Must be open minded and comfortable in situations that demand rapid change and quick thinking.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be confident in representing BAB to internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have demonstrated research skills as well as the ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Be equipped to prepare and execute briefings and meetings, as well as liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excitement, curiosity, and drive to grow professionally and to help make BAB a visible and relevant organization in the field of transatlantic policy.
- Experience in managing stakeholder lists, preparing draft documents and writing in a professional setting.