For a PDF copy of this job description, please click here
Submit CV, Covering Letter and Event History: Alice Mount email@example.com
Deadline for submissions: Monday 13 January 2020
The transatlantic economic relationship between the UK and the US is one of the world’s economic success stories. Yet it is also in a time of change. Within the last two years, both the UK and the US have entered a path to re-define their trading relations with the world. Businesses on both sides need to adjust to these changes, but also take a leading role in grasping any opportunities that these changes present.
This is what we at BritishAmerican Business do. As a leading transatlantic business network, we convene leading and growing companies in the transatlantic corridor; we help our member companies navigate the ever-changing transatlantic business environment; and we help shape Government policies in the interest of our members, whether it be on international trade or domestic policies that define the attractiveness of both the UK and the US.
As part of our growing ambition to be a voice of transatlantic business, we are looking for a Manager of Events and Marketing to join our team. Based in the BAB London office, the Manager of Events and Marketing will lead the event management and logistics for 60+ events in London which provide active engagement opportunities for existing and prospective members, and through the latter, a vital support in feeding into and building BAB’s programmes on issues interesting to the companies we serve.
The successful candidate will offer us organised and detailed thinking, creative event marketing skills, and be capable of managing multiple events and deadlines, and have an interest in delivering well run and timely events, as well as a personal drive for growth.
- Oversee the execution of all logistical aspects relating to BAB’s annual events programme in London, including venue liaison, budget development, digital event marketing, registration processes, onsite event team management, and implementation of detailed project plans,
- Managing external stakeholder relationships including; graphic designers, printers, audio visual production, hotels/venues and member sponsor/venue hosts, photographers, videographers,
- Coordinate creative digital event output in conjunction with Communications Manager,
- Coordinate production of printed materials for each event including: name badges, place name settings, event briefs, joining instructions, guest booklets, holding slides and presentation slides,
- Supervise registration and operations at events including: distribution of badges, greeting guests, liaison with host and AV teams, late arrivals/replacements, distribution of printed materials, liaison with catering crew, set up signage/displays, directing colleagues and leadership at the events,
- Manage individual event budgets, work with Director to investigate cost effective changes, work with Office Accountant to produce table / sponsorship invoices for events, and follow up on event debtors,
- Coordinate table sales and bookings, working closely with Leadership to identify which member companies to approach, and work with table sponsor contacts to ensure fulfilment of benefits,
- Coordinate event publicity and marketing including: designing event programmes (for print), manage historical prize sponsor lists, produce and disseminate event invitations (Constant Contact/web-based or by Outlook), monitor responses (Event Espresso/web-based), manage event marketing contact lists (Constant Contact/web-based), create and maintain event listings on BAB website, manage and enrich promotional ideas for events to promote further awareness of BAB’s events and engagements in collaboration with Communications Manager,
- Coordinate pre- and post-event publicity on social media channels in collaboration with Communications Manager,
- Provide supervision and support for Events, Marketing and Communications Intern(s), providing mentorship, leadership and support,
- Provide event logistics support for policy engagements, working closely with Policy Managers,
- Lead BAB’s SME Accelerate series of roundtables: work with sponsors, hosts and partners, build research and manage data for non-member Start Ups, Scale-Ups to support BAB’s trade promotion initiatives,
- Help expand BAB’s and your personal professional network, among others, but proactively engage with companies and stakeholders and by representing BAB at external events and meetings.
- A genuine interest in transatlantic, business, trade and policies that sits within
- A university degree
- High-level of verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong commercial mindset; combined with critical and creative thinking
- A proven ability to manage events and multiple projects
- Exceptional organisational, project management and time management skills
- Sponsorship and sales experience
- Ability to engage with senior government and business leaders
- Ability to have composure in a high pressure event environment
- An openness to be active and visible on social media
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- A personal drive to grow personally and professionally within the organisation
- Passion for events
- A team player who values collaboration and team spirit
- Positive, proactive and solution-oriented
- Low ego, with emotional maturity and patience
- Drive to set and be an example for others
- Director of Strategic Partnerships and Events
- Candidates need to be able to work in the UK
BritishAmerican Business (BAB) is an exclusive members’ organization; we create networking opportunities for our members, which often lead to business opportunities, through the events and programming that we run. As a policy and advocacy organization we are the voice of transatlantic business; we support policies and action that will protect and enhance the environment for trade and investment between the US and UK.
We are a small and dynamic team, always ambitious to help our organisation adjust to the market as a modern trade organisation and with the overall objective to provide value to our members (and stakeholders). We like to disrupt, to be meaningful, to outperform and to acknowledge success.
Types of Events at BAB
- Transatlantic Growth Awards Evening
- Corporate Citizenship Awards Dinner
- Annual Gala Dinner
- Holiday Party (Thanksgiving/Christmas)
- Accelerate roundtable series
- Business Briefings – panels of speakers/networking build around BAB Policy Agenda
- Seasonal Receptions – networking
- Young Professionals – speakers/networking
- STIR (BAB’s diversity and inclusion) series – speakers/networking
- Policy and Trade engagements
- Other events that may occur as agreed by and Director of Strategic Partnerships Events
To apply, please send the following documents/information to Alice Mount at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Examples of previous events you have managed.
- Salary expectations
Please note: This is a full-time role; consultancy arrangements are not being considered. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. We are open to flexible working arrangements, e.g. for parents with young children.