Job Opportunity (New York) – Manager, Member Relations & Engagement
For a PDF copy of this job description, please click here
Reports to: Senior Manager & Team Lead, Strategic Partnerships & Engagement
Location: New York (hybrid work model)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Submit applications to: email@example.com
Great opportunity for a young professional interested in a market/member-facing role to join a highly active and respected business association in the US and UK business corridor.
About BAB: BritishAmerican Business is the leading transatlantic trade association created as a result of the merger between the British-American Chamber of Commerce in the US and the American Chamber of Commerce in the UK. We are committed to strengthening the economic corridor between the United States and the United Kingdom by supporting policies and actions that protect and enhance the environment for transatlantic trade and investment on behalf of our members.
We convene and serve a growing network of companies and business leaders through networking opportunities, bespoke programming and marketing platforms.
We actively promote trade and investment and support those who make the transatlantic corridor part of their business growth ambition.
About Our Office: BAB has offices in New York & London and a presence in Washington, D.C. We offer a collaborative, flexible, inclusive and exciting place to work! In response to the changing world, BAB currently offers a hybrid working model offering employees a mixture of remote and in-office work. BAB’s New York office is home to about one dozen full-time employees and is centrally located, adjacent to Grand Central Terminal.
Position Summary: The Manager, based in New York, will be responsible for membership recruitment, engagement and retention efforts for a portfolio of companies both large and small across various industries, with a specific focus on stewarding the small to mid-market segment of the membership. This position participates in all projects and activities designed to enhance member relations and increase and retain membership.
This position represents BAB in its relationships with external constituencies and supports key fundraising functions of the organization. The right candidate for the job will contribute to the long-term success of the organization by contributing strategic thinking and relevant business intelligence.
- Maintain up to date information on the status of current and potential members.
- Cultivate prospective members including multinational companies and large corporates, with a focus on SMEs and growth companies.
- Identify those members to whom additional products and services can be sold, such as event tables and sponsorship and include in the annual membership plan.
- Structure and sell specific sponsorship and marketing packages to members in line with the needs of the organization.
- Build a network of contacts throughout the membership in order to make introductions.
- Work closely with the events and content team to make sure members get the opportunities to contribute speakers, thought leadership or other forms of participation on the issues that matter to them.
- Creates and manages partnership and sponsorship engagement plans from within member portfolio.
- Attend all BAB events at which members are present (both in-person and virtual) and such other events outside of BAB where meeting potential new members might be possible.
This position requires excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to work efficiently as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, interact professionally with members and colleagues, and demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service. This position is super-fast paced, and the successful candidate will be able to perform consistently at a fast pace. To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communication—capable of writing proposals and communicating the benefits of BAB membership.
- Enjoy meeting and talking to members, partners and prospects.
- Curiosity about what matters to businesses from every sector.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
- Time management – the individual must be able to handle multiple tasks in super-fast paced environment.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Flexibility – the individual must be open minded and comfortable in situations that demand rapid change and quick thinking.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years experience required in membership/client relations, non-profit fundraising, business development, marketing and/or sales in a professional, customer facing role.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, responsibilities and opportunities for this role and is subject to the revision and amendments of the business needs and at the discretion of BritishAmerican Business. BritishAmerican Business is an equal opportunity employer.