Job Opportunity (New York) – Manager, PR, Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: Intern
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The Manager is responsible for New York office PR, marketing & communications functions under the direction of senior management. This is a high paced, wide ranging role with daily responsibility for execution. Will suit an ambitious PR or marketer wanting to get hands-on experience of every comms function in a small organization. Interest in, or connection to, the UK and the BAB mission will be an advantage. Outstanding opportunity to build extensive professional and media network of contacts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures accurate branding of BAB’s promotional collateral and mass communication pieces, including event invitations, annual report, website and social media, and ecomms.
• Writes and sends ecomm messages and invitations for 80 events per year.
• Manages the ecomms schedule to ensure strategic and timely delivery of invitations and publications to our members.
• Responsible for regular website updates (New York) using WordPress.
• Posts regularly on social media before and after every BAB event (Linked In, Twitter).
• Manages online magazine with responsibility for sourcing articles and posting online.
• Produces BAB Annual report in conjunction with the CEO and Executive Directors.
• Manages strategic partnerships with outside organizations to ensure delivery of benefits on both sides.
• Maintains database of media contacts at relevant news outlets; writes and distributes press releases; builds relationships with relevant journalists so that BAB is seen as a source for quotes and insight on US/UK business stories.
• Attends and networks with executives at 80+ BAB forums, breakfast meetings, evening events, and similar external functions or events for prospecting purposes.
• Administers Member Perks program.
• Works with the membership team to implement strategies to meet membership goals and creates and implements marketing plans that target specific market segments or industry sectors, as assigned.
• Explores new ways of tracking/monetizing organizational business development activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Competencies: This position requires excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to work efficiently as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, interact professionally with members and colleagues, and demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service. To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills – the individual must have excellent verbal and listening skills to work with colleagues, keep the Director informed and maintain existing relationships.
• Writing Skills – the individual must possess excellent writing and editing abilities under pressure, ensuring a high degree of quality and accuracy at all times.
• Time Management – the individual must be able to handle multiple tasks and follow through on all.
• Detail Oriented – the individual must demonstrate attention to detail, with an eye for editing and creative content.
• Organizational skills – individual must exhibit excellent planning skills necessary to manage a large volume of tasks each week.
• Connection to, or empathy with, the UK a big plus.
• Understanding of the UK/US business culture and New York business environment, with an ability to comfortably interact with C-suite and other senior executives.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and prior experience with client database systems.
• Demonstrated understanding of, and professional experience with, social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) and website management (WordPress preferred).
• Flexibility – individual should be available to provide support for all events where necessary.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
• 3+ years’ experience required in pr/marketing or comms business
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Communications, Marketing, or related field preferred.
• 3+ years of digital media and marketing experience on common digital media platforms including web, Twitter, and Instagram
• 3+ years of email marketing experience. Knowledge of Constant Contact platform a big plus. Experience managing CRM campaigns is essential.
• Knowledge of WordPress.
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee and are subject to the revision and amendments of the business needs and at the discretion of BritishAmerican Business. BritishAmerican Business is an equal opportunity employer.