Job Opportunity (New York)
Closing Date: 16 May 2022
BridgeUSA (J-1 Visa) Exchange Visitor Program Manager (Part-time)
Share this page
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: New York (hybrid work model)
Role type: part-time, hourly
Submit applications to: email@example.com
BritishAmerican Business is the leading transatlantic trade association created as a result of the merger between the British-American Chamber of Commerce in the US and the American Chamber of Commerce in the UK. We are committed to strengthening the economic corridor between the United States and the United Kingdom by supporting policies and actions that protect and enhance the environment for transatlantic trade and investment on behalf of our members.
We convene and serve a growing network of companies and business leaders through networking opportunities, bespoke programming and marketing platforms.
We actively promote trade and investment and support those who make the transatlantic corridor part of their business growth ambition.
About Our Office
BAB has offices in New York & London and a presence in Washington, D.C. We offer a collaborative, flexible, inclusive and exciting place to work! In response to the changing world, BAB currently offers a hybrid working model offering employees a mixture of remote and in-office work. BAB’s New York office is home to about one dozen full-time employees and is centrally located, adjacent to Grand Central Terminal.
The Manager oversees the J-1 Visa Program administered by BritishAmerican Business (BAB) to recruit and manage partners, liaise with the U.S. Department of State, field inquiries from candidates, manage and adjudicate documentation and collect payments. BAB offers its J-1 Visa Program in the categories of “Intern” and “Trainee”. The J-1 visa is used for practical training and is only granted for temporary stays (a maximum 12 months for Interns and 18 months for Trainees).
- Oversee the allocation and compliance for 150 visas per year, including multi-visa partnerships to ensure partnership agreements are fulfilled.
- Manage the BAB relationship with the U.S. Department of State to ensure continued compliance and good standing of the program.
- Evaluate applications and client readiness to ensure they meet regulation specifications.
- Collect all documentation and inputs data.
- Research latest trends in visa programs from the U.S. Government to ensure the organization has the most up to date information and can plan accordingly and answer inquiries.
- Support marketing initiatives for the J-1 Visa Program to boost visibility of BAB among competitor organizations.
- Plan and implement strategies to meet and exceed revenue goals for the J-1 Visa Program.
- Maintain the budget for the J-1 Visa Program, and collect payments.
- Answer inquiries by phone and email.
- Other duties, as assigned.
This position requires acute attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to work and motivate independently, interact professionally with the government officials, clients and colleagues at a senior level, and demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service. To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Time Management – individual must be able to handle multiple tasks and follow through on all.
- Organizational skills – individual must exhibit excellent planning skills necessary to achieve business goals and increase office efficiency.
- Strategic and critical thinking – individual must be able to think strategically and provide ideas to serve clients and achieve business goals.
- Communication – individual must have strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to clearly and concisely communicate in writing.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of the UK/US business culture is a plus.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors Degree.
- Experience with immigration visa programs preferred.
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, responsibilities and opportunities for this role and is subject to the revision and amendments of the business needs and at the discretion of BritishAmerican Business. BritishAmerican Business is an equal opportunity employer.