Job Opportunity (London) – Policy Associate
For a PDF copy of this job description, please click here
Salary Range: £25,000 – £30,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, with extended/ flexible hours at times to accommodate time difference to the U.S. and early morning/late evening events/meetings
Working Structure: Hybrid office/home working
Submit CV, Cover Letter and Writing Sample to: email@example.com
Submission Deadline: 2 July 2021
What you can expect:
BritishAmerican Business is the leading transatlantic trade association incorporating the British-American Chamber of Commerce in the US and the American Chamber of Commerce in the UK. We do three things: First, we are a policy organisation and help to strengthen the economic corridor between the U.S. and the UK by supporting policies and action that protect and enhance the environment for transatlantic trade and investment. Second, we actively promote trade and investment and support those who make the transatlantic corridor part of their business growth ambition. Third, we build platforms to convene our growing network of companies and business leaders.
In this exciting Policy Associate role, you will be a key part of the most prominent transatlantic trade organisation within a tight-knit team of people who are committed to BAB’s mission, our work and fellow colleagues. Your primary role is to support our Senior Policy Manager and wider Policy & Trade team and leadership on the preparation and execution of the wider policy portfolio.
You will be responsible for:
- supporting the team on the account management of policy member accounts
- preparing content for the monthly external newsletters
- supporting the preparation of drafts, statements, and other written content
- conducting detailed research and monitoring of relevant legislative developments on both sides of the Atlantic
- the preparation and execution of policy briefings, meetings, and campaigns
- the expansion of our network of external stakeholders
- representing BAB at external events and working groups
This is an associate level position within the company and will provide the successful candidate with great opportunities to grow their skills in areas such as policy writing, stakeholder management, project management, event management, external affairs, and business development.
To be successful in the role you should:
- Have previous professional experience in a related field such as Government or a Trade/Business Association through paid employment or internships
- Have a university undergraduate degree in a related field. A graduate degree is a plus
- Have a keen interest in transatlantic policy issues and be excited, curious, and proactive in helping us make BAB a visible and relevant organisation
- Have the ability to conduct concise research independently
- Be confident in drafting policy texts in all forms
- Be able to manage mailing and contact lists
- Be equipped to prepare and execute briefings and meetings, as well as liaise with internal and external stakeholders
Apply with your resume, cover letter and sample of work you have done that relates to our work, such as policy paper/brief, statement or article, information on a policy-related project you managed or an event you organised, to Andrei Cazacu: firstname.lastname@example.org.