Job Opportunity (New York) – Program Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Commitment: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate logistics for all BAB events, duties include but not limited to:
- Coordinate pre-event logistics: prepare seating charts/badges/tent cards; prepare/print marketing materials; pack all on-site equipment; transport on-site equipment.
- Coordinate on-site logistics to include but not limited to: manage registration desk; coat check; assist with set-up/break down of equipment (e.g. banners); guide guests to their seats.
- Support post-event logistics: unpack all equipment and put away; post-event reports and data entry; ‘thank you’ emails.
- Ticket & table support: make phone calls to follow up on registrations, invoices, payments and prizes for special events and fundraisers/galas.
- Support contract negotiation, accounts receivables, venue and vendor selection.
- Reconcile budgets on monthly basis in coordination with management.
- Create events in CRM system. Enter & track registrations; pull registration lists for distribution to staff from CRM system.
- Create, send and track invoices for events. Strategy
- Assist with content development as required with desk research on members, venues, or vendors.
- Track event statistics using Excel docs.
- Secure events sponsors and hosts.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Fundraisers: Transatlantic Business Awards Dinner/Holiday Lunch/Conferences
- Supports the success (net fundraising goal) of annual corporate awards gala including driving the strategy, planning, and execution of the outreach for honorees and associated fundraising. Convenes weekly with latest fundraising updates for the Awards Dinner Working Group.
- Liaises with corporate awards dinner honorees offices and staff to ensure effective partnership on fundraising.
- Supports the success (net fundraising goal) of holiday lunch including driving the strategy, planning, and execution of the event.
- Leads on all Conference related logistics.
- Attends various BAB forums, breakfast meetings, events, and represents BAB at similar external functions or events.
Competencies: This position requires excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to work efficiently as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, interact professionally with members and colleagues, and demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service. To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills – the individual must have excellent verbal and listening skills to work with colleagues, keep the Director informed and maintain existing relationships.
- Writing Skills – the individual must possess excellent writing and editing abilities under pressure, ensuring a high degree of quality at all times.
- Time Management – the individual must be able to handle multiple tasks and follow through on all.
- Detail Oriented – the individual must demonstrate a high attention to detail, with an eye for editing and creative content.
- Organizational skills – individual must exhibit excellent planning skills necessary to achieve business goals and manage communications and enhance office efficiency.
- Understanding of the UK/US business culture and New York business environment, with an ability to comfortably interact with C-suite and other senior executives.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and prior experience with client database systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and professional experience with, social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) and website management (WordPress preferred).
- Flexibility – individual should be available to provide support for all events where necessary.
- 3+ years relevant experience in event logistics, customer service, project management and data entry.
- University/College degree
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee and are subject to the revision and amendments of the business needs and at the discretion of BritishAmerican Business. BritishAmerican Business is an equal opportunity employer.