Job Opportunity (New York) – Programs & Events Coordinator
For a PDF copy of this job description, please click here
Reports to: Senior Manager, Policy & Programs
Location: New York (hybrid work model)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Submit applications to: email@example.com
Great opportunity for a recent graduate to learn how to manage and market high profile events across the US and UK business corridor.
About BAB: BritishAmerican Business is the leading transatlantic trade association created as a result of the merger between the British-American Chamber of Commerce in the US and the American Chamber of Commerce in the UK. We are committed to strengthening the economic corridor between the United States and the United Kingdom by supporting policies and actions that protect and enhance the environment for transatlantic trade and investment on behalf of our members.
We convene and serve a growing network of companies and business leaders through networking opportunities, bespoke programming and marketing platforms.
We actively promote trade and investment and support those who make the transatlantic corridor part of their business growth ambition.
About Our Office: BAB has offices in New York & London and a presence in Washington, D.C. We offer a collaborative, flexible, inclusive and exciting place to work! In response to the changing world, BAB currently offers a hybrid working model offering employees a mixture of remote and in-office work. BAB’s New York office is home to about one dozen full-time employees and is centrally located, adjacent to Grand Central Terminal.
Position Summary: the Program Coordinator, based in New York, will support all functions of coordinating BAB’s events each month (approximately 6-10 events per month), which include all types and sizes of events, including large scale fundraisers. These events will be run in virtual, hybrid and in-person formats. The Program Coordinator will be expected to be on-site for all in-person events. This role is an incredible learning opportunity for a young professional entering the workforce. The Coordinator will have the opportunity to build their knowledge and gain expertise in executing event logistics, developing event content for a US-UK audience and creating social media strategies. Tasks includes supporting on event logistics, registrations, CRM data entry, social media plans, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Event creation: support on developing event invitations; support the registration process; generate pre-event registration reports and attendee rosters; some pre-event communications; and set up Zoom meetings/ webinars when applicable.
- Pre-event logistics (for in-person events): prepare seating charts/badges/tent cards; prepare/print marketing materials; pack all on-site equipment; transport on-site equipment.
- On-site logistics (for in-person events): manage registration desk; coat check; assist with set-up/break down of equipment (e.g. banners); guide guests to their seats.
- Day-of-event logistics (for virtual events): assist with managing registrants as they enter the virtual room; support the backend coordination of virtual platform.
- Post-event logistics: generating post-event reports; sending ‘thank you’ emails where appropriate.
- Special events and fundraisers/galas: make phone calls to follow up on registrations, invoices, payments and prizes.
- Data management & entry: Create events in CRM system; enter & track registrations; pull registration lists from CRM system for distribution to internal team; track event statistics using Excel docs.
- Update events pages of BAB’s website via WordPress CMS, as needed.
- Support contract negotiation, accounts receivables, venue and vendor selection.
- Assist with content development as required with desk research on members, venues, or vendors.
- Contribute to social media engagement by tweeting and contribute to the development of LinkedIn posts.
- Attend and take notes for internal meetings, and some member(external) meetings as assigned.
- Other tasks as assigned.
This role calls to someone with an interest in US/UK trade and business relations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent listening, communication and notetaking skills, and high attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills including keeping manager up to date on all tasks.
- The ability to work efficiently as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, but also independently self-motivate, take initiative and show a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to interact professionally over email and phone with members and colleagues, and demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- University/college degree.
- One year relevant experience via internships or an employee role in event logistics/ organizing, customer service or data entry.
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, responsibilities and opportunities for this role and is subject to the revision and amendments of the business needs and at the discretion of BritishAmerican Business. BritishAmerican Business is an equal opportunity employer.