Job Opportunity (New York) – Senior Manager, Programs & Partnerships
For a PDF copy of this job description, please click here
Reports to: Managing Director
Direct Reports: None
Location: New York (hybrid work model)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $65,000 – $74,000
Submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: February 10
About BAB: BritishAmerican Business is the leading transatlantic trade association created as a result of the merger between the British-American Chamber of Commerce in the US and the American Chamber of Commerce in the UK. We are committed to strengthening the economic corridor between the United States and the United Kingdom by supporting policies and actions that protect and enhance the environment for transatlantic trade and investment on behalf of our members.
We convene and serve a growing network of companies and business leaders through networking opportunities, bespoke programming and marketing platforms.
We actively promote trade and investment and support those who make the transatlantic corridor part of their business growth ambition.
About Our Office: BAB has offices in New York & London and a presence in Washington, D.C. We offer a collaborative, flexible, inclusive and exciting place to work! In response to the changing world, BAB currently offers a hybrid working model offering employees a mixture of remote and in-office work. BAB’s New York office is home to about one dozen full-time employees and is centrally located, adjacent to Grand Central Terminal.
Position Summary: The Senior Manager, based in New York, will be responsible for developing and implementing an annual suite of content rich and logistically well executed programs designed to enhance the BAB brand and retain/recruit members. The Senior Manager will also ensure the organization is efficiently and effectively developing partnership and engagement opportunities with our member companies in New York (some crossover with London members), as well as with non-member partners from time to time.
The Senior Manager will also be responsible for researching developments at current member companies, trending macro US-UK business issues relevant to BAB members, and political developments and current affairs, which can be parlayed into programming.
This position represents BAB in its relationships with external constituencies. The right candidate for the job will contribute to the long-term success of the organization by contributing strategic thinking and relevant business intelligence.
- Strategizes and develops content for a portion of events within BAB’s portfolio of 100+ programs per year, in coordination with BAB London, ranging in attendance from 10 to 200 people, including for example small roundtables, panel discussions, conferences, and networking receptions designed to bring in annual sponsorship funding.
- Coordinates logistics for a portion of BAB events, duties include but not limited to:
- Manage contract negotiation, accounts receivables, venue and vendor selection
- Manage Zoom or Teams platform for virtual events
- Coordinate and oversee pre-event logistics: prepare attendee lists, seating charts/badges/tent cards; prepare/print; marketing materials; pack and transport on-site equipment.
- Coordinate and oversee on-site logistics to include but not limited to: manage registration desk; coat check; assist with set-up/break down of equipment (e.g. banners); guide guests to their seats.
- Coordinate and oversee post-event logistics: unpack all equipment and put away; post-event reports and data
- Attends meetings with members to develop event-related partnerships and support event sponsorships.
- Research members, trending topics and current affairs as they apply to developing an event program.
- Manages communications with sponsors/ partners/ speakers to set themes.
- Drives audience creation and selection with support from Membership team.
- Drafts discussion questions for content events.
- Co-leads in drafting the weekly marketing/ ecomms schedule.
- Drafts program abstracts for event invitations to then pass along to Event Coordinator for invitation creation.
- Oversees Events Coordinator to ensure the following tasks are properly executed by Coordinator:
- Arranging pre-event meetings and speaker prep calls
- Data entry: registrations; sponsorship and host asks logged in CRM
- Drafting of scenarios
- Logistical coordination for events
- Communicating with sponsors on event logistics
- Supports, as needed, on logistics for the Annual Transatlantic Business Awards Dinner
- Supports, as needed, on the logistics for the Annual Holiday Lunch
- Attends all BAB events at which members are present (both in-person and virtual) and such other events outside of BAB where meeting potential new members might be possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to work efficiently as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, interact professionally with members and colleagues, and demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service. This position is super-fast paced, and the successful candidate will be able to perform consistently at a fast pace. To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communication—capable of writing proposals and communicating the benefits of BAB membership.
- Enjoy meeting and talking to members, partners and prospects.
- Curiosity about what matters to businesses from every sector.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
- Time management – the individual must be able to handle multiple tasks in super-fast paced environment.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Flexibility – the individual must be open minded and comfortable in situations that demand rapid change and quick thinking.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years experience required in membership/client relations, event execution, non-profit fundraising, business development, marketing and/or sales in a professional, customer facing role.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience working closely with senior executives/stakeholders.
- Experience selling sponsorships a plus.
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, responsibilities and opportunities for this role and is subject to the revision and amendments of the business needs and at the discretion of BritishAmerican Business. BritishAmerican Business is an equal opportunity employer.