Job Opportunity (Washington D.C.)
Closing Date: 31 March 2023
Share this page
Salary Range: $55,000 – $64,000 per annum
Hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday, with extended/ flexible hours at times to accommodate early morning/late evening events/meetings
Location: Washington, D.C.
Working Structure: Hybrid office/home working
TO APPLY: Please submit Cover Letter, Resume and Writing Sample directly to Emanuel Adam at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
About the Job
In this exciting role, you will become part of one of the most prominent transatlantic trade and business organizations whose mission is to strengthen the economic corridor between the US and the UK. Based in Washington D.C., you will play an important role in helping to implement BAB’s wider advocacy/trade promotion and membership growth portfolio across both the US and the UK, with emphasis on building and expanding BAB’s policy advocacy activities and network in Washington D.C..
BritishAmerican Business is the leading transatlantic trade association incorporating the BritishAmerican Chamber of Commerce in the US and the American Chamber of Commerce in the UK. We are committed to strengthening the economic corridor between the US and the UK by supporting policies and actions that protect and enhance the environment for transatlantic trade and investment on behalf of our members. We convene and serve a growing network of companies and business leaders through networking opportunities, bespoke programming and marketing platforms. We actively promote trade and investment and support those who make the transatlantic corridor part of their business growth ambition.
BAB has permanent offices in New York & London and Washington, D.C.. We offer a collaborative, flexible, inclusive, and exciting place to work. BAB offers a hybrid working model offering employees a mixture of remote and in-office work.
Monitoring US legislation, hearings, and other policy-related developments relevant to BAB’s work and portfolio.
Engagement with the Hill
Lead on BAB’s engagement with staffers in House and Senate offices relevant to BAB’s policy priorities. Familiarity with working with the Hill is a plus.
Co-lead on the management of BAB’s Sub-Committees.
- Co-Lead in the preparation of monthly external newsletters and internal updates to BAB’s internal and external stakeholders.
- Co-lead in the preparation of briefs, talking points, background documents, and written summaries.
- Supporting the production of White papers, Policy Papers, statements, and publications. Familiarity with drafting policy (and trade) content is a plus.
Supporting the Chief Policy & Trade Officer as well as the Assistant Director, Strategic Partnership and Member Engagement on the account management of relevant and future member companies in the BAB Policy Group.
- Expansion and management of relevant internal and external policy stakeholder lists for the US
- Attending and representing BAB at internal and external meetings and events with members and stakeholders
- Coordination of delegation visits and local engagements for internal and external stakeholders.
Events & briefings
Preparing and leading the administrative support and implementation of BAB events in DC, meetings/briefings and BAB participation in external forums.
This is a coordinator level position within the company, ideally suited for someone at an early stage in his/her career and/or someone who would like to build a career in a policy role. Given that we are a growing yet small team in DC, we are looking for someone who can work independently, with an entrepreneurial spirit to help us identify new growth opportunities for the team and our work. The role will provide the successful candidate with great opportunities to quickly grow their skills and responsibilities in the policy space, stakeholder management, project management, event management, external affairs, and business development.
Educational And Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree in a related field. A MA degree is a plus.
- At least one year of previous professional experience in a related field such as Government, Trade/Business Association through paid employment or internships.
We seek an individual:
- who is curious, motivated, proactive self-starter, and able to handle multiple tasks in super-fast paced environment.
- who is excited to grow professionally and to help make BAB a visible and relevant organization in the space.
- who can work independently and who shows good judgment, especially on decision-making processes
- with a strong ability to draft and write policy documents
- who has solid experience in managing stakeholder (lists), and the preparation of (policy) meetings and events
- who always looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Who equipped to prepare and execute briefings and meetings, as well as liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- who has strong interpersonal skills and know how to embrace challenging situations
- who shows and/or has interest in developing confidence to represent BAB with internal and external stakeholders.
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, responsibilities and opportunities for this role and is subject to the revision and amendments of the business needs and at the discretion of BritishAmerican Business. BritishAmerican Business is an equal opportunity employer.