Virgin Atlantic and Air France – KLM Partner to Enhance Bluebiz Programme in UK
- Virgin Atlantic partners with Air France – KLM to bring more options to small business customers in the UK
- Virgin Atlantic expands the UK reach of the bluebiz programme, which includes KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Air France, Delta Air Lines and Kenya Airways
- SME corporate customers can earn and burn blue credits across all bluebiz partner airlines
From today, 4th June 2019 Virgin Atlantic is partnering with Air France – KLM to enhance the award-winning bluebiz small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) corporate loyalty programme in the UK. These up-and-coming businesses have always been key to the Virgin Atlantic brand. The new programme will offer SME customers significantly increased opportunities to earn and burn credits across more airlines, routes and reward options.
Bluebiz is easy to join, and even easier to earn and spend rewards. Every flight business travellers take on bluebiz member airlines will earn blue credits. Blue credits are worth £1, and can be spent like cash to cover the cost of future flights, providing instant travel budget savings. Blue credits even cover all taxes and surcharges, and there are no limitations on booking classes.
Following today’s announcement, Virgin Atlantic will say farewell to its previous SME programme Flying Co. Flying Co will close on 1st July 2019 and any flights booked before 1st July 2019 will still earn Flying Co miles. Any bookings with ground partners before 31st December 2019 will still earn miles and customers can continue to exchange Flying Co miles for rewards until 31st December 2020.
Oliver Byers, Senior Vice President, Sales & Customer Loyalty commented:
‘We’re delighted to partner with Air France KLM to offer our customers a best in class loyalty programme. By joining bluebiz, our customers will now be able to earn and burn across Virgin Atlantic as well as our partners KLM Dutch Airlines, Air France, Delta Air Lines and Kenya Airways. We’ve seen significant growth in the SME sector and can’t wait for our customers to be able to take advantage of this exciting loyalty programme.’
Key points for the program
- Bluebiz has over 200,000 members in more than 125 markets
- UK members can earn and burn blue credits on five airline partner’s flights
- All taxes and surcharges are included in the price of an award ticket. Published fares and availability are used and paid for with blue credits. There are no hidden extras, meaning a free ticket is a free ticket!
- Individual employees can still earn Flying Club miles while their employer can benefit from the bluebiz programme.
- Bluebiz has been recently awarded the Best SME Airline Loyalty Programme 2019 in the UK by SME magazine. The Air France-KLM Group was also awarded the SME Airline Group of the Year 2019 by the same publication.
Full details, terms and conditions of the programme can be found at the website: