World Trade Week NYC is part of an annual nationwide celebration of international trade observed by business and trade-related organizations across the United States during May. The mission of World Trade Week NYC is to promote the importance of international trade to the New York City metropolitan area economy. New Yorkers depend heavily on international commerce for their jobs, standard of living, and the myriad goods and services available to its diverse population.
Trade organizations, businesses and other stakeholders come together both nationally and locally to promote and facilitate international trade in the U.S. economy. The New York tri-state region’s trade and transportation community celebrates World Trade Week throughout the month of May, offering a full agenda of educational seminars, global business networking events and the International Trade Awards Breakfast that recognizes the exemplary achievements by practitioners in the field.
Working together to:
- Recognize the contribution of international trade to economic growth and job creation in the New York metropolitan region
- Highlight the link between international trade and transportation and the region’s economic well‐being
- Celebrate companies and organizations succeeding in the global marketplace and highlight their contribution to the region’s economy
- Share knowledge, resources and ideas to facilitate small business success internationally
- Provide scholarships to undergraduate students of international business